Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Arch Discussion Continues postcard


You might say, "Which Arch? - Arch Kuykendall that the previous post was about or the Arch vs Arches earlier discussed?"

And I would say "the McDonald Arches."

My son Rocky told me of a saying at UGA: "McDonald has the Arches and UGA has the Arch."

In my blog I pointed out that the back of the postcard I had up then said "Arches" for the University of Georgia.

The back of this card says The University of Georgia's Arch. It also says that traditionally UGA freshman are prohibited from walking under the Arch.

Colleges upper class men love to pick on Freshmen don't they? I don't know if is still true, but in my young days, Georgia Tech students had to wear a Tech orange cap, bill turned up, that had "The Hell with Ga" on it. It is probably a good thing I didn't know of that tradition when I was in the 7th grade at Waterman Street School - I probably would have been sent to the principal's office for picking on the first graders.

The card also said the school was chartered in 1785, being the first chartered University in the United States.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.