Friday, November 14, 2008

Wait! I Said "Maybe"!



In the previous post I said the feature barn on Grogan Street was the last Barn in Marietta - Maybe.

I just remembered another one.

This barn is/was owned by the Manning family, which had at least one judge and at one doctor. They were part of the elite of days gone by and may still be for all I know. One in-law my age is a State Representative.

My late father-in-law, when he was a young man, was working for FDR's CCC Public Works Project told me he and others collected stones on Judge Manning's property to build this barn.

And it is a barn is still standing in the city limits of Marietta. Here is another out-building on the property that is not quiet standing - you might say leaning.

The place is for sale, or at least it was last May when I took these pictures while we were on a tour of historic homes.

2 comments:

Si's blog said...

The latest thing on those HGTV shows my wife watches is to take old barns and make them into fancy homes. There is a new adventure for you to do.

Eddie said...

Si,
That reminds of a chicken house in Toms River, New Jersey, that some of my co-sailors rented for their Playboy pad.