Saturday, March 28, 2009

Kurtzman's FUMETTI



I am not sure what Fumetti means. I think it roughly means COMICS in Italian.

In HELP!Magazine Harvey Kurtzman called his photograph stories Fumettis. His Fumettis had the format of comics... the people spoke with balloons coming from their mouth, and it was panel after panel, in sequence.

I think every issue of HELP! had a Fumetti story. I can't think of one that didn't.

Here is a fine example of Harvey Kurtzman's Fumetti. The star of this one is comedian Henny Youngman (1906-1998).

Of course you know to click on each page to make them bigger.... right?








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fumetti (or photonovels) are a genre of comics illustrated with photographs rather than drawings [1]. Fumetti are popular in Spain and Latin America, ...

Eddie said...

A,
Well, there you go!
Thanks!

Si's blog said...

I think "fumetti" belongs up there with "potzrebie", "hoohaw", "ganefs", and "What, me worry".

College Optional Careers said...

Hello!

I've linked to this page of your blog in Chapter 2 of our latest book, Make Money with Your iPhone. Just thought you might like to know. Have a good day!