Thursday, April 16, 2009

Piracy Bandwagon



I rather get on the Piracy bandwagon now than wait and kick a dead horse, or dead pirate.

Back in 1954 when the future of horror comics were looking shaky EC Comics tried several other types of “grown-up” comics, one was PIRACY.

PIRACY took a more historically accurate and realistic view of piracy – or it appears to me they did. They published at least 7 PIRACY comicbooks…. I know because I have them right here in one hardbound. The cover is by Wallace Wood and the first story of issue number one was illustrated by Reed Crandall. AAarrrggggg!









2 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

Remember 'Terry and the Pirates' in the newspaper comics? I hadn't thought of that in years until you posted the pirate comics.

Eddie said...

Nell,

Right! I forgot about Terry and the Pirates.
I have a hardbound Terry & tp around here someplace. Thanks for reminding me of them.