Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Black Tie Functions


In an email this morning a friend told me about a black-tie Dinner she recently attended.

That made me think of The Marietta Daily Journal's magazine supplement, COBB LIFE. It seems like in each issue they have a good portion of their magazine devoted to picture of the latest black-tie banquet. Usually it is something like a charity ball. The photographer is on hand taking plenty pictures of the elite in their black-tie wear.

Why don't I ever get invited to any of those black-tie affairs? Wait! Don't answer that. It might hurt my feelings.

It also reminds me how easily it is to be an uninvited guest at these gala black-tie functions. If they secret service can't keep uninvited guests out of the Whtehouse's black-tie affairs, then any lesser black-tie events are there with their doors opened.

I haven't been to any black-tie affairs in a long time but I have been to several casual functions that I felt I should wear something a little more dressier - in other words, not my usual wear in the wintertime: sweat pants, pull-over sweat shirt with bbq sauce stains, and white socks.

That's it! I have been to some black-sock functions!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROCK, EVERYWHERE YOU GO IS A BLACK TIE EVENT. JUST BY YOUR MERE ATTENDANCE.
PR

Anonymous said...

ROCK,
EVERYWHERE YOU GO IS A B;ACK TIE EVENT. JUST BY YOUR MERE PRESCENCE.
PR

Eddie said...

PR, I think you meant to say "just by your pretense."