Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cobb Politics and Voodooism


I think Cobb County has seen it all.

The other day I was Googling Voodoo. I had in mind of writing something about voodoo to tie into something else. Face it, Bloggers’ minds work in strange and mysterious ways.

While googling I came across a fitting Cobb County story. In October 2008, the GBI admitted it was investigating an incident that a Cobb commissioner supposedly paid a Voodoo Priestess of South Carolina, to put a curse on her opponent.

That was just over two years ago. I forgot that story but the google story reminded me.

The only reason it came to light was that the checks she paid the priestess bounced. And thus the high priestess filled the paperwork to swear out a warrant for the commissioner. .

The priestess refused to do the ceremony without the monetarily donation, after all, a high priestess has to have principles.

No comments: