Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Morning Preaching


There is a quote that goes something like this: If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Take for instance, last week. Anna was going to a club meeting on Thursday. That same midmorning I had a doctor’s appointment.

I haven’t had a Brandi’s World Famous hotdog, with the spicy chili, in a while, so since I would be in the area shortly after Brandi opened up, why not? I planned to drop by and buy a couple of dogs. I could taste them.

I think then in the sky there was possibly a distance thunder that sounded like it could be a chuckle.

On Wednesday, the day before Anna’s club meeting and my planned Brandi’s visit we had a wreck on Canton Highway. A truck ran into the back of us which smashed our Accord up like an accordion and knocked us into the car in front of us.

Anna changed her plans about going to the club and we had to jump in handling all the post wreck stuff. Brandi’s had to be put on the back burner.

However, it worked itself out. I was at another’s doctor’s appointment the next day, which was Friday. And I got my Brandi fix, just not as planned.

No comments: